The release of the open-world, action-adventure title Cyberpunk 2077 has been bumped back yet again, this time to December 10. The latest delay has spurred death threats against the game’s developers. Input editor Ryan Houlihan and editor in chief Joshua Topolsky join us to discuss this sorry state of affairs.
And later: Apple is reportedly devoting increasing resources to the creation of its own search engine to rival the likes of Google. The timing is impeccable given that Google was just hit with a massive antitrust lawsuit alleging its search engine and advertising empires constitute an illegal monopoly. Ryan and Joshua talk about the news.
On this episode of Input/Output, we talk about a postponed video game and a rumored Google search competitor.
Read the original Input stories here:
- Cyberpunk 2077 devs are getting death threats due to delays
- Apple is reportedly developing its own search engine to rival Google's
Where to find us:
- Subscribe to Input/Output wherever you listen to podcasts: iTunes | Spotify | TuneIn | RadioPublic | Stitcher
- We're hosted and produced by Mark Yarm
- Follow Input on Twitter
- Follow Ryan Houlihan on Twitter
- Follow Joshua Topolsky on Twitter
All week long, our podcast Input/Output digs into the big ideas, fascinating personalities, and important stories from the pages of Input. You'll hear from the editors and writers behind the headlines, unpacking unseen context, sharing valuable insight, and giving voice to points of view that illuminate and enhance your understanding of a future that’s just up ahead. We hope you enjoy listening as much as we enjoy making it.