YouTube recently announced that due to 2020’s horribleness, it’s skipping its annual Rewind highlights video. This gave writer Ralph Jones an excuse to look back at YouTube Rewind 2018, the most disliked YouTube video of all time. Input editor Ryan Houlihan and editor in chief Joshua Topolsky join us to discuss Ralph’s piece.
And later: Thanks to the pandemic, this summer saw the world’s hypebeasts quarantined at home with nowhere to flex — and nowhere to turn but comfier shoes. Thus, the rise of so-called dadcore fashion like Crocs. Writer Giovanna Osterman recently explored this trend for Input. Ryan and actual dad Joshua discuss fatherly fits.
On this episode of Input/Output, we talk about how the pandemic is affecting year-end traditions and our everyday fashion choices.
Read the original Input stories here:
- Why everyone hates YouTube Rewind and is glad COVID killed it
- Forgive me, father: How dad shoes like Crocs took over streetwear
Where to find us:
- Subscribe to Input/Output wherever you listen to podcasts: iTunes | Spotify | TuneIn | RadioPublic | Stitcher
- We're hosted and produced by Mark Yarm
- Follow Input on Twitter
- Follow Ryan Houlihan on Twitter
- Follow Joshua Topolsky on Twitter
All week long, our podcast Input/Output digs into the big ideas, fascinating personalities, and important stories from the pages of Input. You'll hear from the editors and writers behind the headlines, unpacking unseen context, sharing valuable insight, and giving voice to points of view that illuminate and enhance your understanding of a future that’s just up ahead. We hope you enjoy listening as much as we enjoy making it.