Google is looking to upend the U.S. college education system with its Google Career Certificates program, which will train people for in-demand jobs in only six months without saddling them with mountains of debt. The company says that when it comes to hiring, it will treat these certificates as the equivalent of a four-year degree. Input news writer Mehreen Kasana swings by the show to discuss.
And later: Instagram sex education accounts such as AllBodies are picking up where health class left off. News editor Cheyenne MacDonald explored the world of sex ed on the social media platform and filed a report for Input. She joins us to talk S-E-X.
On this special back-to-school episode of Input/Output, we talk about non-traditional online learning.
Read the original Input stories here:
- Forget college and debt, Google wants to get you skilled in six months
- These internet sex educators are picking up where health class left off
Where to find us:
- Subscribe to Input/Output wherever you listen to podcasts: iTunes | Spotify | TuneIn | RadioPublic | Stitcher
- We're hosted and produced by Mark Yarm
- Follow Input on Twitter
- Follow Mehreen Kasana on Twitter
- Follow Cheyenne MacDonald on Twitter
- Follow on Twitter
All week long, our podcast Input/Output digs into the big ideas, fascinating personalities, and important stories from the pages of Input. You'll hear from the editors and writers behind the headlines, unpacking unseen context, sharing valuable insight, and giving voice to points of view that illuminate and enhance your understanding of a future that’s just up ahead. We hope you enjoy listening as much as we enjoy making it.