Instagram, which just celebrated its 10th anniversary, is the most important thing that ever happened to sneaker culture, according to writer Rae Witte. In a recent piece for Input, she explains how the app changed streetwear forever – for better and for worse. Rae joins us to talk about her article.
And later: The Swiss footwear brand On Running recently announced the new Cyclon model, a 100 percent recyclable running shoe that will be available exclusively through a monthly subscription. For $29.99 a month, subscribers will be able to trade in the Cyclon for the latest version of the sneaker. On Running will then recycle the worn shoe to be used in another generation of running gear. Input news writer Ian Servantes drops by to discuss.
On this episode of Input/Output, we dive into the fabulous world of footwear.
Read the original Input stories here:
- Instagram is the most important thing that ever happened to sneaker culture
- On Running's subscription service lets you swap used shoes for new ones
Where to find us:
- Subscribe to Input/Output wherever you listen to podcasts: iTunes | Spotify | TuneIn | RadioPublic | Stitcher
- We're hosted and produced by Mark Yarm
- Follow Input on Twitter
- Follow Rae Witte on Twitter
- Follow Ian Servantes on Twitter
All week long, our podcast Input/Output digs into the big ideas, fascinating personalities, and important stories from the pages of Input. You'll hear from the editors and writers behind the headlines, unpacking unseen context, sharing valuable insight, and giving voice to points of view that illuminate and enhance your understanding of a future that’s just up ahead. We hope you enjoy listening as much as we enjoy making it.