Sony recently announced the PlayStation 5 will officially go on sale November 12 in the U.S. and other select territories for a starting price of $399. The company also announced a number of console-exclusive games. But Input editor Ryan Houlihan and editor in chief Joshua Topolsky aren’t super excited for the PS5. They join us to discuss why.
And later: Facebook recently unveiled the Oculus Quest 2, a more affordable successor to the original Quest. In his review of the Quest 2, Input senior reviews editor Ray Wong says it puts all other virtual reality headsets to shame. But should you get one considering everything wrong with Facebook? Ryan and Joshua talk about why you should not.
On this episode of Input/Output, we talk about two new devices that will distract you from our hellish reality.
Read the original Input stories here:
- PlayStation 5 launches November 12 for $399. Here's everything we know.
- Oculus Quest 2 review: This just puts all other VR headsets to shame
Where to find us:
- Subscribe to Input/Output wherever you listen to podcasts: iTunes | Spotify | TuneIn | RadioPublic | Stitcher
- We're hosted and produced by Mark Yarm
- Follow Input on Twitter
- Follow Ryan Houlihan on Twitter
- Follow Joshua Topolsky on Twitter
All week long, our podcast Input/Output digs into the big ideas, fascinating personalities, and important stories from the pages of Input. You'll hear from the editors and writers behind the headlines, unpacking unseen context, sharing valuable insight, and giving voice to points of view that illuminate and enhance your understanding of a future that’s just up ahead. We hope you enjoy listening as much as we enjoy making it.