The new Netflix comedy series Sneakerheads centers on a family guy named Devin and his quest for a pair of legendary sneakers. Input senior editor Edgar Alvarez recently interviewed series creator Jay Longino about the show’s origins and more. Edgar joins us to discuss.
And later: Nearly four decades after the birth of the Air Jordan, the namesake brand Nike created for Michael Jordan is finally turning its attention to women. And it’s paying off big time, writes Jessica Schiffer, a contributing editor at Vogue Business. She joins us to talk about her Input piece on Jordan Brand’s awakening.
Read the original Input stories here:
- How a gift from Michael Jordan inspired Netflix's Sneakerheads show
- Why Jordan Brand is, finally, paying attention to women in streetwear
Where to find us:
- Subscribe to Input/Output wherever you listen to podcasts: iTunes | Spotify | TuneIn | RadioPublic | Stitcher
- We're hosted and produced by Mark Yarm
- Follow Input on Twitter
- Follow Edgar Alvarez on Twitter
- Follow Jessica Schiffer on Twitter
All week long, our podcast Input/Output digs into the big ideas, fascinating personalities, and important stories from the pages of Input. You'll hear from the editors and writers behind the headlines, unpacking unseen context, sharing valuable insight, and giving voice to points of view that illuminate and enhance your understanding of a future that’s just up ahead. We hope you enjoy listening as much as we enjoy making it.