Kanye West recently raised eyebrows by praising Nike products, specifically Jordans and the new ISPA Road Warrior, even though he’s currently under contract with Adidas. Kanye’s “vocal yearning for Nike” – a company the musician was once in partnership with – “is yet another indicator of how far Adidas has fallen behind,” writes Input news writer Ian Servantes. Ian joins us to discuss.
And later: In an essay about how his Apple Watch is unexpectedly keeping him sane during the pandemic, Input senior reviews editor Ray Wong writes, “Its many once seldom-used features are helping me get through these blurred days, weeks, and months.” Ray joins us to talk about his smartwatch.
On this episode of Input/Output, we discuss a rapper’s beloved sneakers and a writer’s beloved smartwatch.
Read the original Input stories here:
- Kanye still loves Nike and Jordans, and doesn't care if Adidas knows
- My Apple Watch is my secret weapon to surviving the pandemic
Where to find us:
- Subscribe to Input/Output wherever you listen to podcasts: iTunes | Spotify | TuneIn | RadioPublic | Stitcher
- We're hosted and produced by Mark Yarm
- Follow Input on Twitter
- Follow Ian Servantes on Twitter
- Follow Ray Wong on Twitter
All week long, our podcast Input/Output digs into the big ideas, fascinating personalities, and important stories from the pages of Input. You'll hear from the editors and writers behind the headlines, unpacking unseen context, sharing valuable insight, and giving voice to points of view that illuminate and enhance your understanding of a future that’s just up ahead. We hope you enjoy listening as much as we enjoy making it.