There are some other quibbles with the Hammerhead Pros. Here's what I found:
- Microphone quality on calls is terrible. In a video-call world, this is a dealbreaker at $199.
- The touch controls are so sensitive and inscrutable that when you move the buds into or out of the case, you will change your podcast, skip your song, or disable ANC.
- There's also no audio feedback when you do use the touch controls, so there's no way to tell what's happening.
- The LED on the case is oddly dim?
- The internal voice that says "pairing" and "ANC on" sounds like Crazy Frog.