Nintendo is celebrating the 35th anniversary of Super Mario Bros. with a bonanza of goodies. Most exciting of them are an updated version of the Game & Watch handheld and new Mario titles for the Switch, including an augmented reality kart game. Input editor Ryan Houlihan and editor in chief Joshua Topolsky join us to discuss.
And later: Two new foldable phones, Samsung’s Galaxy Z Fold 2 and Microsoft’s Surface Duo, are competing for high-end consumers. Which of the two, if either, should you get? Ryan and Joshua Topolsky debate the phones’ merits.
On this episode of Input/Output, we discuss AR Super Mario Bros. and the best of foldable phones.
Read the original Input stories here:
- Nintendo just unleashed a new handheld and several new Mario games
- Galaxy Z Fold 2 review: The foldable you want at the price you don’t
- We got the Galaxy Z Fold 2 early. Here's how it compares to the Surface Duo
Where to find us:
- Subscribe to Input/Output wherever you listen to podcasts: iTunes | Spotify | TuneIn | RadioPublic | Stitcher
- We're hosted and produced by Mark Yarm
- Follow Input on Twitter
- Follow Ryan Houlihan on Twitter
- Follow Joshua Topolsky on Twitter
All week long, our podcast Input/Output digs into the big ideas, fascinating personalities, and important stories from the pages of Input. You'll hear from the editors and writers behind the headlines, unpacking unseen context, sharing valuable insight, and giving voice to points of view that illuminate and enhance your understanding of a future that’s just up ahead. We hope you enjoy listening as much as we enjoy making it.