Apple has released a new MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and Mac Mini, and none of them have Intel processors inside. Instead, they’re powered by Apple’s own M1 chip, part of a previously announced move away from processors made by Intel. Input senior reviews editor Ray Wong and card stories editor James Pero recently took a look at the new machines. James joins us to discuss.
And later: The Nest Audio speaker will blow your mind, according to Ray Wong. He reviewed Google's newest Assistant-powered smart speaker and found the sound to be excellent at all volume levels. Ray joins us to talk about the new device.
On this episode of Input/Output, we talk about some of the awesome new tech devices for your holiday wishlist.
Read the original Input stories here:
- Apple officially divorces Intel with new MacBooks and Mac Mini
- The Nest Audio speaker will blow your mind
Where to find us:
- Subscribe to Input/Output wherever you listen to podcasts: iTunes | Spotify | TuneIn | RadioPublic | Stitcher
- We're hosted and produced by Mark Yarm
- Follow Input on Twitter
- Follow Ray Wong on Twitter
- Follow James Pero on Twitter
All week long, our podcast Input/Output digs into the big ideas, fascinating personalities, and important stories from the pages of Input. You'll hear from the editors and writers behind the headlines, unpacking unseen context, sharing valuable insight, and giving voice to points of view that illuminate and enhance your understanding of a future that’s just up ahead. We hope you enjoy listening as much as we enjoy making it.