The Baltimore electronic musician Dan Deacon recently released his original score for Well Groomed, an HBO documentary about the colorful world of competitive dog grooming. To mark the occasion, Dan spoke to Input about the gear he used to make the soundtrack. Dan joins the podcast to discuss the album and life during lockdown.
And later: The queer, Muslim artist Zulfikar Ali Bhutto Jr. blends ideas of faith, radical thought, and futurism — challenging audiences to not just imagine a different future, but to consider a changed present. Writer Iman Sultan recently profiled the multimedia artist, whose drag alter ego is named Faluda Islam, for Input. Iman joins us to talk about her piece.
On this episode of Input/Output, we delve into the work of two very different experimental artists.
Read the original Input stories here:
- Dan Deacon on how he makes his music, and what gear he can't live without
- Zulfikar Ali Bhutto Jr. wants you to see a parallel world
Where to find us:
- Subscribe to Input/Output wherever you listen to podcasts: iTunes | Spotify | TuneIn | RadioPublic | Stitcher
- We're hosted and produced by Mark Yarm
- Follow Input on Twitter
- Follow Evan Rodgers on Twitter
- Follow Dan Deacon on Twitter
- Follow Iman Sultan on Twitter
All week long, our podcast Input/Output digs into the big ideas, fascinating personalities, and important stories from the pages of Input. You'll hear from the editors and writers behind the headlines, unpacking unseen context, sharing valuable insight, and giving voice to points of view that illuminate and enhance your understanding of a future that’s just up ahead. We hope you enjoy listening as much as we enjoy making it.