Samsung just dropped a ton of cool stuff at Unpacked 2020
“We have discovered new ways to use technology to advance humanity. With the Galaxy S20 and Z Flip, we are now changing the shape of the mobile category.”
Samsung's new flagship phones are here. The South Korean company kicked off Unpacked 2020 in San Francisco by introducing its highly-anticipated foldable phone, the $1,380 Galaxy Z Flip. Samsung also officially unveiled the S20 lineup — which includes the Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+, and Galaxy S20 Ultra. It's an impressive series of phones that, thanks to leakers, we’ve already seen in great detail ahead of launch.
Check out the latest announcements:
- Samsung announces Galaxy Z Flip with the world's first foldable glass display
- Samsung's Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra from every angle
- Samsung's Galaxy Buds+ trounce AirPods with 11-hour battery life
- Samsung's Galaxy S20 phones are the new spec kings
- Samsung goes all-in on entertainment at Unpacked 2020
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip hands-on: a turning point for foldable phones
- Samsung’s Galaxy Z Flip will be available in limited markets at launch
During the keynote, Samsung also announced a slew of entertainment-focused partnerships, including deals with Netflix, Spotify, YouTube (for directly sharing 8K video), and Xbox.
Cool doesn't necessarily mean good, though — Despite all the hype, foldables are so far off to a pretty rocky start as tech companies all race to get their designs out, prioritizing being first instead of being, well, good. The Galaxy Z Flip seems to be good enough for Samsung execs at the moment, though.